How to Borrow a Chromebook
UPDATE: It's not too late to get a Chromebook
March 23: There are still Chromebooks available to sign out for student home use. Call the school at 403-345-3340 to arrange pick-up. You will still need to follow the instructions below to complete the online sign-out.
R.I. Baker Technology Assistance
R.I. Baker Middle School students will be continuing their education from home from this point on. We realize that not everyone in the Baker family has access to the technology to complete some of the work assigned. Here is what we have organized to make sure all students can participate on our online learning journey.
- Teachers survey students last week making a list of students who do not have a computer in their home. These students will be contacted and have first priority over the devices (one Chromebook and charger) we will be providing.
- The devices that will remain will be given on a first come first serve basis on Friday March 20th, 2020.
HOW TO GET A CHROMEBOOK
Create a School Cash Online Account. If you have paid for anything at Baker (hot lunches or fees…) you do not need to register. Please use that same account. If you have not paid for anything online, please follow the steps below.
- Go to https://palliserregional.schoolcashonline.com and click on Register.
- A registration confirmation email will be forwarded to you.
- Click on the link provided inside the email to confirm your email and School Cash Online account (check spam).
- The confirmation link will open the School Cash Online site, prompting you to sign into your account.
- Use your email address and password to log in.
These steps will connect your child to your account.
a) Enter the School Board Name.
b) Enter the School Name.
c) Enter Your Child’s First Name, Last Name, and Birth Date.
d) Select Continue.
e) On the next page confirm that you are related to the child, check in the Agree box
f) Your child has been added to your account.
g) Add a Student
h) Confirm Email
i) Register - Enter in your first name, last name, email and create a password.
j) Select a security question.
k) Check YES to receive email notifications!
Congratulations! Now you have a School Cash account! You can now pay for things like school fees and hot lunches from the comfort of your home with a credit card!
You will see “Borrow a Chromebook” as something we are offering. Click on that option and follow the steps. You will need to sign a user agreement form.
Please follow the following schedule for pick up on Friday March 20th, 2020.
First letter (Last Name)
9:30 am – 10:30am
10:30 am – 11:30 am
1:00pm - 2:00pm
I would like to make it very clear that we do not have enough devices for everyone. It is important for ONLY families that need devices come and get a one. If you do not need a device please use the technology you have in your home.
Thank you for your cooperation,